I Applaud LAC Parks & Rec for Extending Hours 4 the Strike

 I emailed LA County Parks & Recreation and applauded them for extending their hours for families who needed a safe space for students during the LAUSD SEIU Strike on March 21-23.  The students should not suffer while families need to declare their rights for better work salaries.  And as a Recreation Therapist, I understand that students need activities for engagement to continue their development, as well as their health and wellness.  They can learn the value of recreation while they do sports, play games, and do arts and crafts.  It is the perfect opportunity to instill the importance of recreation in the students so that they make sure they include these activities so that they have a healthy leisure lifestyle. 

Comments

  1. Hi Pam, I'm impressed that you wrote another post! Yay! Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I'm Tired--I just finished submitting a Grant Proposal!